Sunday, July 22, 2012

Another Glimmer of Hope, and Parsnip Chips

Well, I have slowed down on the juicing, as my last conversation with my doctor involved a bit of reserve on his side for me doing it. I am doing it every other day, and only doing vegetable juice. He said the sugars in the juice (even vegetable) would possibly cause more harm than good for my candida. He said every vegetable and fruit comes with the means to digest it, and when you take part of that away, digestion may be more challenging. I have also been reading this blog, and as a result have decided to cut my carbs WAY back. I am trying to eliminate fruit for several weeks, and eat some kind of vegetable and protien at every meal (yes, even breakfast). I have also started taking the probiotic she recommends (Truflora). Since I have made these changes, the below daily occurences have changed a bit. No more diarrhea. Always a plus. Also, last night, instead of the 3:00 a.m. session and bedtime at 1 or 2 a.m. (after itching), I was able to go to bed at 12:30, and didn't wake up until 4:45! (It's the little things).

Now, onto parsnip chips. As I am not eating fruit and less carbs, I am trying to find veggies I CAN eat and am not allergic to. So I asked my mom to get the following, daikon, parsnips, and turnips (all low-carb veggies). One day last week I threw some thinly sliced parsnips in our fryer. They were SOOOOO yummy. And when they were frying, I honestly think they smelled like maple syrup. Really, I felt like it was an indulgence. It's amazing what tastes good to you after you eliminate, well, everything. So, try them! And don't go too crazy, just one parsnip per serving. Average carbs per parsnip are between 10-20.  

2 comments:

  1. Parsnip chips sound really good. I made Zucchini chips this year.

    I am juicing for breakfast but at one point, I had to watch the sugars in the juices too.

    How are you doing now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are addictive! I actually stopped juicing all together. My intestines could not handle it. I am however, trying to eat much more vegetables, low carb mostly. And after talking with you, cut back on my carbs significantly though not as low as you did. I am better than I was 2 months ago, but far from being well. My parasite testing was all negative.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...